- Corrections to scaling in the forest-fire model
- Pastor-Satorras, R (Author)
Vespignani, A (Author)
- American Physical Society
- Copyright date:
- Type of resource:
- Digital origin:
- born digital
- We present a systematic study of corrections to scaling in the self-organized critical forest-fire model. The analysis of the steady-state condition for the density of trees allows us to pinpoint the presence of these corrections, which take the form of subdominant exponents modifying the standard finite-size scaling form. Applying an extended version of the moment analysis technique, we find the scaling region of the model and compute nontrivial corrections to scaling.
- Originally published in Physical Review E, v.61 no.5 (2000), pp.4854-4859. DOI:10.1103/PhysRevE.61.4854. Dr. Vespignani is affiliated with Northeastern University as of the time of deposit.
- Subjects and keywords:
- Scaling laws (Statistical physics)