- Universality class of absorbing phase transitions with a conserved field
- Rossi, M (Author)
Pastor-Satorras, R (Author)
Vespignani, A (Author)
- American Physical Society
- Copyright date:
- Type of resource:
- Digital origin:
- born digital
- We investigate the critical behavior of systems exhibiting a continuous absorbing phase transition in the presence of a conserved field coupled to the order parameter. The results obtained point out the existence of a new universality class of nonequilibrium phase transitions that characterizes a vast set of systems including conserved threshold transfer processes and stochastic sandpile models.
- Originally published in Physical Review Letters, v.85 no.9 (2000), pp.1803-1806. DOI:10.1103/PhysRevLett.85.1803. Dr. Vespignani is affiliated with Northeastern University as of the time of deposit.
- Subjects and keywords:
- Phase transformations (Statistical physics)
continuous absorbing phase transition
nonequilibrium phase transition
- Permanent Link: