- Spinning straw into gold : transforming information into knowledge during web-based research
- Guinee, Kathleen (Author)
Eagleton, Maya B. (Author)
- National Council of Teachers of English, March 01, 2006
- Type of resource:
- Digital origin:
- born digital
- Concerned by an "alarming number of students [who] unwittingly plagiarize" on research projects, Kathleen Guinee and Maya B. Eagleton developed a strategic notetaking strategy called CHoMP. Results with students of varied abilities and in various grades show that students can learn to evaluate sources for significant information and correctly paraphrase what they find.
- Originally published in English Journal, v.95 no.4, March 2006, pp.46-52. http://www.ncte.org/journals/ej
Kathleen Guinee was affiliated with Northeastern University at the time this article was deposited in the archive.
- Subjects and keywords:
assessment of information resources